I took out some recyclable items and was surprised to find the haenyeo halmoni inside their workstation. As usual, I went back to grab the camera just in case something exciting might happen, and sure enough, something exciting happened. I saw them for the first time in their natural element: counting their hard-earned money. Not only were they counting and recording their hard-earned money in a notebook, but they also had fun doing it. I jokingly told them in English, “Show me the money!” I think they understood the money part.
The Haenyeo Diaries: Day 15
- Ihwa Guksi 이화국시 (Itaewon, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Haedong Chamgireum 해동참기름 (Muak-dong, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Osam Bulgogi Jeonmun 오삼불고기전문 (Jeonnong-dong, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Sindogak 신도각 (Yeonshinae, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Goeun Bahm 구운밤 (Gwangjang Market) February 19, 2021