I took out some recyclable items and was surprised to find the haenyeo halmoni inside their workstation. As usual, I went back to grab the camera just in case something exciting might happen, and sure enough, something exciting happened. I saw them for the first time in their natural element: counting their hard-earned money. Not only were they counting and recording their hard-earned money in a notebook, but they also had fun doing it. I jokingly told them in English, “Show me the money!” I think they understood the money part.
The Haenyeo Diaries: Day 15
- Memil Janchi 메밀잔치 (Bukhansan National Park) August 5, 2020
- Mokno Jip 목노집 (Daejo-dong, Seoul) August 5, 2020
- Jungohnae Gochujang Bulgogi 정오네고추장불고기 (Hawolgol-dong, Seoul) August 5, 2020
- Ilmi Gisa Sikdang 일미기사식당 (Hoegi-dong, Seoul) August 1, 2020
- Mama Donkasseu 마마돈가스 (Korea University, Seoul) July 31, 2020