I took out some recyclable items and was surprised to find the haenyeo halmoni inside their workstation. As usual, I went back to grab the camera just in case something exciting might happen, and sure enough, something exciting happened. I saw them for the first time in their natural element: counting their hard-earned money. Not only were they counting and recording their hard-earned money in a notebook, but they also had fun doing it. I jokingly told them in English, “Show me the money!” I think they understood the money part.
The Haenyeo Diaries: Day 15
- Soonjinhan Kong Jakso 순진한콩작소 (Yangjae-dong, Seoul) August 14, 2019
- Cheongnyangri Jogae Gui Jjim 청량리조개구이찜 (Cheongnyangri, Seoul) August 3, 2019
- Chuncheon Memil Makguksu 춘천메밀막국수 (Jegi-dong, Seoul) August 2, 2019
- Namwon Tongdak 남원통닭 (Cheongnyangri, Seoul) August 2, 2019
- Banryongsan 반룡산 (Gangnam, Seoul) July 3, 2019