I took out some recyclable items and was surprised to find the haenyeo halmoni inside their workstation. As usual, I went back to grab the camera just in case something exciting might happen, and sure enough, something exciting happened. I saw them for the first time in their natural element: counting their hard-earned money. Not only were they counting and recording their hard-earned money in a notebook, but they also had fun doing it. I jokingly told them in English, “Show me the money!” I think they understood the money part.
The Haenyeo Diaries: Day 15
- Woori Jip Sikdang 우리집식당 (Cheongryangi-dong, Seoul) March 5, 2020
- Sanbool Deungshim 산불등심 (City Hall, Seoul) March 4, 2020
- Yongma Galbi 용마갈비 (Mangwoo-dong, Seoul) March 4, 2020
- Haenam Wonjo Kimbap 해남원조김밥 (Bangbae-dong, Seoul) March 4, 2020
- Taesungjeong 태성정 (Sinseol-dong, Seoul) March 4, 2020