The recent weather has been pretty gloomy and overcast in Jeju, so on a day that I was sure they would take a day off, they surprised me yet again by unexpectedly appearing onshore in the late afternoon. For some reason or another, I didn’t see their noticeable orange buoys/floating devices in the ocean when looking out from my second-floor home, later causing some personal concern because I’m too young to have deteriorating eyesight already (right?). Anyways, instead of making their way closer to their workstation to walk on smooth pavement, they made a rather long trek on uneven terrain with their heavy bags hunched over their backs. Choosing caution over accident, they slowly made their way back with the youngest leading the way while the eldest wade to shore. Thankfully, I could finally see their orange buoys against the black basalt rock and captured these few pictures.
The Haenyeo Diaries: Day 17
- Ihwa Guksi 이화국시 (Itaewon, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Haedong Chamgireum 해동참기름 (Muak-dong, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Osam Bulgogi Jeonmun 오삼불고기전문 (Jeonnong-dong, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Sindogak 신도각 (Yeonshinae, Seoul) February 19, 2021
- Goeun Bahm 구운밤 (Gwangjang Market) February 19, 2021