Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Marination time: minimum 8 hours to overnight
Ingredients: Serves 4 people
- 3 lbs thinly sliced beef (sirloin or rib eye recommended)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Mirin (cooking wine)
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots (optional)
1. Try to slice the beef as thin as possible. Selecting premium cuts of meat recommended for extra taste and quality.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl enough to fit the batch of thinly sliced beef. Mix to coat and marinate in refrigerator for at least a few hours, although overnight refrigeration is recommended.
3. After marination, cook over medium high heat on a non-stick skillet or frying pan. Cook until meat loses its pink color or until well browned.
4. Serve hot with rice and banchan (side dishes) including lettuce varieties for wraps. Red leaf lettuce, Boston bibbs, and romaine lettuce work best.
*For easier slicing of the beef, stick the beef in the freezer for 20~25 minutes. This will make cutting much easier, trying to attain paper-thin slices.