Servings: 4 people
Prep time: 20 minutes (salting)
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 cm discs
- 1 tbsp sea salt (or saewujeot, salted shrimp)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- dash of salt for taste
2. Bring the pieces to a mixing bowl and add 1 tbsp of sea salt. This will help bring out the extra moisture from the zucchini. Most Koreans use saewujeot (salted shrimp) in place of this, but salt works better since it doesn’t have any fishy smell. Drain excess water after about 20 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil over medium high heat. Add the zucchini and seasonings to the pan. Saute a few minutes or until slightly translucent and become flimsy. Do not overcook them, otherwise they will become mushy and fall apart.