Servings: 4 people
Cook time: 5 minutes (noodles)
- 1 can golbaengi (sea snails/whelk)
- 6~8 oz. somyeon (thin noodles)
- 1 cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1, 2 carrots, cut into strips
- 2, 3 green onions, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (red pepper flakes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar (cider vinegar or Mirin okay)
- sesame seeds (garnish)
- sesame/perilla leaves (optional)
1. Drain the liquid from the can and rinse the sea snails under running cold water for several minutes. Continue rinsing until bubbles dissipate or no longer appear.
2. Cut the sea snails into bite-sized pieces, or keep as is if larger pieces are desired. Prepare the vegetables accordingly by cutting them into 2-inch strips (see pics above).
5. In the mixing bowl, add the sea snails, sliced vegetables, and cold noodles. Mix thoroughly to coat (best to use gloves for mixing) and plate on a large platter or dish. Or, plating the noodles and sea snail mix separately is also okay (see pics). Enjoy!
*The sea snails can be bought at most local Asian or Korean markets along with the somyeon noodles.