Ingredients: Serves 4 people
- 1 (12 oz) flank steak, sliced thinly
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced kimchi
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup corn (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 slices of block mozzarella cheese (shredded is fine)
- 4 French rolls
1. Place beef in freezer for 15 minutes to harden. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef to pan and saute for about 5 minutes or until fully browned.
3. Add sliced onions, bell peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce with the beef.
4. Cook until all the vegetables are soft.
5. In a separate frying pan, saute the kimchi in oil until soft. Sprinkle on 1/2 tsp of sugar.(optional)
5. Place the French rolls on a baking sheet or foil. Add the beef, vegetables, and kimchi to the roll, topping with desired amount of mozzarella cheese. Broil until melted or browned.
5. Transfer to a plate, adding ketchup if desired.
*While cooking the beef, it should produce liquid that can either be discarded or made thick with a sprinkle of cornstarch mixed with water at an equal ratio.