1 bunch spinach
1 garlic clove, finely minced (garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coarse or sea salt (w boiling water)
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Blanch the spinach in the boiling salt water for 30 seconds.
- Rinse under cold water and squeeze out excess water. It should resemble a baseball if done correctly.
- Cut a few times if pieces are larger than desired.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the sesame oil, sesame seeds, minced garlic and the spinach.
- Rub all the ingredients thoroughly. Add salt or any other seasoning according to taste preference.
- Serve as a banchan (side dish) with rice.
*As with most Korean side dishes, there are endless variations according to the taste preference of its maker. For this dish, some people include dwenjang (Korean bean paste) and/or gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes).